Seventy percent of U.S. workers aren’t engaged at work.¹ Even worse, employee productivity is declining, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.²
That’s bad news for companies since decreased employee productivity is linked to diminished revenue and weak company culture that can lead to high employee turnover.
To improve your bottom line, you need to increase employee engagement and productivity. An LMS can help you do both.
“70 percent of U.S. workers are not engaged at work.” -- The Muse1
Two Employee Productivity Statistics You Need to Know About
Employee productivity doesn’t just affect revenue and company culture. It also impacts a company’s overall wellbeing and longevity. Understanding what is happening in the realm of worker productivity nationwide helps company leaders gauge how their employees are doing and how they can make effective changes. Two current, vital statistics about employee productivity include:
Workers who utilize their strengths daily are 8 percent more effective than those who don’t.³
“Improved communication and collaboration through social technologies could raise the productivity of interaction workers by 20 to 25 percent,” according to Dynamic Signal.4
“Teams with high employee engagement rates are 21% more productive and have 28% less internal theft than those with low engagement.” -- Gallup5
Improve Employee Productivity With an LMS
A learning management system is a computer software program created to seamlessly deliver, track, and report on employee training. By providing the social technology employees crave and increasing employee engagement and through high-quality employee training, an LMS improves productivity.
1. Increase employee engagement
One of the primary ways an LMS boosts worker engagement is by giving employees the flexibility in training that they desire via mobile learning. Mobile learning functionality enables LMS users to interact with training 24/7, from any location.
According to eLearning Industry, “flexibility is ‘the number one reason’ why employees today join a workplace.” By extending that flexibility to training, companies can increase employee engagement and may even be able to attract more qualified talent in the future.6
Related Reading: Using Webinars to Increase Employee Engagement
2. Deliver effective employee training
Consistently offering training to employees can go a long way in bolstering productivity. This is because training gives employees the skills and information they need to become more productive. It also teaches employees how to use their strengths in everyday work, something that can dramatically increase productivity.
What some employers miss is the need to regularly offer training to workers. Consistently providing training is just as vital to increasing productivity as initially offering it, as employees crave ongoing development.
An LMS is the ideal tool for this job because you can create multiple levels of training courses, some for advanced staff and others to help onboard new employees. LMS software will make it easy for you to grant access to each of the courses only when employees are ready and have completed all the prerequisite classes.
Related Reading: Maximize Workforce Performance with an LMS
Make Increasing Employee Productivity an Ongoing Goal
Successful company leaders are always looking for ways to improve employee productivity. Thousands of organizational leaders have found an LMS to be the perfect productivity-promoting tool because of its unique combination of skills training and employee engagement tools.
Find out how a learning management system can improve productivity by engaging workers and delivering a steady stream of employee training. Download the full overview to gain a deeper understanding of how to streamline your training and development programs.
- The Muse. 10 shocking stats about employee engagement. https://www.themuse.com/advice/10-shocking-stats-about-employee-engagement.
- Forbes. Employee productivity is declining. Who is to blame? https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsturt/2016/04/08/employee-productivity-declining-who-is-to-blame/#6add7388431c.
- The McKinsey Global Institute. The social economy: Unlocking value and productivity through social technologies. https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/high-tech/our-insights/the-social-economy.
- Dynamic Signal. Employee productivity statistics: Every stat you need to know. https://dynamicsignal.com/2017/04/21/employee-productivity-statistics-every-stat-need-know/.
- Gallup. Managing employee risk requires a culture of compliance. http://news.gallup.com/businessjournal/190352/managing-employee-risk-requires-culture-compliance.aspx.
- eLearning Industry. How to use mobile learning to increase employee engagement and boost performance. https://elearningindustry.com/how-use-mobile-learning-to-increase-employee-engagement-boost-performance.