Today’s dispersed global workforce needs engaging corporate training. Many employees are now working remotely, and this can make the corporate training experience incredibly isolating. By ensuring corporate training is enjoyable, companies can improve learner engagement, even for remote employees.
A learning management system (LMS) can help companies create, deliver, track, and report on training that is both engaging and effective.
An LMS Makes Corporate Training Fun by Saving Learners Time
The vast majority of workers want to be trained. In fact, “94% of employees say that they would stay at a company longer if there is investment in their learning and development,” stated the 2019 Workplace Learning Report1 by LinkedIn. But, not just any training will do.
Employees want opportunities to participate in meaningful, engaging, fun training. They don’t want to train for the sake of training, but so that they can walk away better equipped to do their job. They also want training to be succinct - this is a key characteristic of enjoyable corporate training. No one wants to be bogged down with lengthy learning sessions or busy work.
According to the 2020 Workplace Learning Report2 by LinkedIn, 49% of workers feel they have no time to spare on learning. Imagine how many employees today, in the post-COVID business world, are overtaxed with tasks and want training to be brief.
One of the ways an LMS can shorten training time, while preserving its effectiveness, is through mobile learning functionality.
LMS Mobile Learning: the Key to Engaging Corporate Training
LMS mobile learning is the perfect eLearning tool for saving learners time and making corporate training more fun for a dispersed workforce. With TOPYX LMS mobile learning functionality, learners can access content on demand, regardless of location or time zone. All a user needs for a superior learning experience is an internet connection and mobile device.
A few of the many benefits of mobile learning include:
- Training that is easier to engage with - Fast training is fun training. Offering learners the option to participate in training via mobile device often results in higher rates of engagement and better learning experiences.
- Greater accessibility for all users - LMS mobile learning gives learners access to learning paths from anywhere. This provides the flexibility they need to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule. Ultimately, this can save learners time.
- Reasonable costs - LMS mobile learning helps organizations save money on training. Why? Because there are no added hardware or connectivity charges involved as most employees already own smartphones or tablets.
- Increased productivity - Mobile learning provides flexibility and freedom outside of office hours. It saves employees time and gives them the ability to increase productivity in other areas of their work.
With TOPYX mobile learning, users can seamlessly access training and collaboration materials from either desktop or mobile. They can also collaborate with fellow teammates as they learn together or on their own.
TOPYX delivers a better user experience with a responsive mobile design, supported on every mobile device. TOPYX LMS is compatible with all smartphones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad, and Android. It protects data and information through secure servers and promotes swift, responsive user interactions with reliable uptime and significant server bandwidth.
Best of all, TOPYX mobile learning will never incur added costs for your organization.
TOPYX LMS can make training more enjoyable for your dispersed workforce through features like mobile learning. Request a free LMS demo of TOPYX to learn more.
A Learning Management System Makes Distributing and Tracking Corporate Training Easier for Administrators
An LMS doesn’t just make training more fun for learners. It also makes creating, distributing, tracking, and reporting on training easier and more enjoyable for administrators. One of the primary ways it accomplishes this is by saving administrators time, just like it saves learners time. A contributor to AIHR3 wrote,
“For Appen, a training data provider, implementing (an) LMS has allowed them to cut down on the time it took for subject-matter experts to create training materials. What used to take weeks now only requires a few days. The LMS also helps increase productivity. For instance, L&D team members only need to answer the questions posted in the learners’ forum once.”
Because of an LMS, what used to take months for Appen training creators now takes days. An LMS can make this possible for your organization, as well.
What could your L&D department accomplish with a significant amount of extra time each month?
4 More LMS Features Boost the “Fun Factor” of Corporate Training
For the past couple of years, workplace stress has soared. Dealing with the pandemic has been a huge challenge for many people. It is essential that organizations provide enjoyable corporate training that is easy for learners to engage with.
Some types of learning, such as social learning, are considered by most people to be enjoyable. The good news is that about 70% of what we learn in the workplace happens on the job.4 The other 30% is formally structured and happens on purpose.
Employee training programs that are engaging can help a company succeed. On the other hand, training programs that are disengaging often hold companies back from reaching their goals. Employees are also much less likely to participate in disengaging corporate training.
An LMS promotes engaging employee training through many features, not just mobile learning. A few other LMS features that tend to up the “fun factor” of corporate training include:
1) Gamification – There’s no quicker way to engage your employees than by integrating games into their training process via an LMS. According to eLearning Industry, “Games are often more effective for learning than traditional training approaches.”5 Moreover, games keep learners focused with badges, awards, rewards, and more, and they promote healthy competition.
Many LMSs offer tools that enable administrators to gamify learning. Be sure to ask if the LMS you choose offers gamification options. Also, always request an LMS demo prior to purchasing an eLearning system. Trying before buying is vital before investing in corporate learning tech.
2) Social learning – Remember how 70% of all learning takes place socially (on the job or in daily life)? An LMS facilitates this with social learning tools like web conferencing, real-time chat, and online forums. Also, an eLearning system makes it possible for employees to use social media in a controlled setting for professional purposes. This adds another fun element to employee training.
TOPYX LMS leverages comprehensive collaborative social learning capabilities that encourage learners to be more engaged with training. A few of these capabilities include accelerated content curation and knowledge sharing, enhanced productivity for remote teams, creation of sustainable learning communities, and ongoing support for both instructors and learners.
3) LMS reporting - LMS reporting can make corporate training more engaging by giving administrators the insights they need to make changes to training. LMS reports show administrators what learning paths and training modules are most and least popular with learners.
LMS reports allow administrators to see which learners are engaged with training and which aren’t. With this information, the L&D team can implement changes that make training more enjoyable for learners.
Also, LMS reporting gives learners access to competencies, transcripts, and report cards, which can help boost training engagement.
4) Learning paths - Many learners prefer to pace their own training, but they also want training to be laid out for them. This is where learning paths come in. LMS learning paths take the guesswork out of corporate training for learners and administrators.
With online learning path functionality in TOPYX LMS, administrators can create a sequential order of delivery for courses and materials. The course/material sequence can also be allocated to select users or user groups.
More advanced courses become available only after users finish previous courses or materials, and users can only access content assigned to their online learning path. This gives learners freedom to pace their own training experience within the limits set by organizational leaders.
Which of these LMS features would most benefit your corporate learners?
Take the First Step Toward Offering Employees a More Engaging Training Experience
Learners want and deserve an engaging training experience, no matter what location they are working from. Administrators want creating, distributing, tracking, and reporting on training to be simple. This is understandable when you consider how busy they are post-pandemic.
TOPYX LMS is the single best, most efficient delivery system for corporate training. It enables organizations to make their training more interesting by saving learners and administrators time, as well as providing an excellent user experience.
Request a free LMS demo of TOPYX to get started today.
5) eLearning Industry. https://elearningindustry.com/5-killer-examples-gamified-elearning/.