Online healthcare training has become a staple for modern healthcare organizations. During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was essential that healthcare workers and patients stayed as protected as possible from the coronavirus. Online learning helped healthcare workers train safely and remotely. Now, in the endemic stage of COVID-19, online healthcare training is still essential to the health and success of healthcare staff and organizations. Let’s revisit just a few of the benefits of online healthcare training.
The Benefits of Online Healthcare Training
Online healthcare training is here to stay. This is because it promotes:
- Easy tracking of staff training - Monitor staff certifications and continuing education for federal or state requirements.
- Consistent care experiences for patients - Ensure a consistent patient experience that meets your organization's standards.
- Quicker training processes - Quickly deliver training on shifting regulations and compliance.
- Compliance - Avoid information breaches, compliance failures and inaccurate reporting.
Healthcare organizations can also benefit from online healthcare training financially. For example, online learning boosts retention rates by 25% to 60%. Also, online training can lead to up to a 218% higher revenue per employee. And, remote learning can reduce overall training time by 40% to 60%. This adds up to significant cost savings for healthcare organizations.
The article Benefits of eLearning For Healthcare Professionals1 pointed out another benefit of online healthcare training: it can meet the training needs of many people all at once. The article explained,
“eLearning’s customizability makes it practical for every type of learner. Whether you prefer video, audio, webinars, textbooks, or worksheets, you will have the tools needed to learn long-lasting skills for supporting individuals with disabilities. According to the WHO, professionals ‘acquire knowledge and skills through online and offline eLearning as well as or better than they do through traditional teaching.’ Learning online is much more convenient for professionals seeking CEs and professional growth, making it easier to grasp and digest content.”
Additionally, online healthcare training delivered via LMS is highly accessible and completely mobile.
LMS Online Healthcare Training is Mobile, Accessible, and Essential
One of the most helpful LMS features for healthcare organizations is mobile learning. Healthcare companies that adopt and support mobile technologies properly will see higher engagement and success rates. Implement and deliver successful online healthcare training through a mobile-friendly, on-the-go LMS solution like TOPYX.
With TOPYX healthcare LMS’s mobile learning functionality, learners can access content on demand, regardless of location or time zone. All a user needs for a helpful learning experience is an internet connection and a mobile device.
A few of the many benefits of TOPYX mobile learning include:
- Greater accessibility for all users - Accessible learning paths give users the flexibility to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- Reasonable costs - There are no added hardware or connectivity charges with mobile learning as most employees already own smartphones or tablets.
- Increased productivity - Mobile learning provides flexibility and freedom outside of office hours. This gives employees the ability to increase productivity in other areas of their work.
With TOPYX mobile learning, users can seamlessly access training and collaboration materials from either desktop or mobile and collaborate with fellow teammates, or learn on their own. TOPYX LMS:
- Is compatible with all smartphones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Protects data and information through secure servers.
- Provides swift, responsive user interactions with reliable uptime and significant server bandwidth.
Mobile learning is an essential LMS feature for healthcare organizations that want to deploy online healthcare training that is accessible, engaging, and effective. The article Can Mobile Learning Deliver Effective Healthcare Training?2 provided facts that helped prove the effectiveness of mobile learning in the healthcare sector. The article reported that:
- The World Health Organization said eLearning imparts knowledge and skills “as well as or better than traditional learning.”
- “An Oxford study reported that 83% of healthcare professionals performed better by accessing drug reference data on their Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs).”
- The aforementioned study stated that healthcare professionals could learn about “guidelines, books, reviews, and recent research updates sooner with PDAs’ help.”
- Eighty percent of doctors were already using smartphones or tablets for work-related purposes at the writing of the article.
Healthcare professionals are already using their smartphones and tablets for work. Why not give them the software they need to keep up with training on their own schedule and from the location(s) of their choice? A healthcare LMS with mobile learning functionality makes this possible.
How TOPYX LMS Helped a Healthcare Company Automate Compliance Training and Speed Onboarding
Looking for the right healthcare LMS for your organization? Consider TOPYX healthcare LMS. TOPYX was just what Convey Health Solutions needed, and it can meet your company’s training needs as well.
Before working with TOPYX, Convey Health Solutions used an internal informational portal that acted more as a social marketing platform than a true learning management system (LMS).
As Convey grew in size to over 2,000 employees and developed a dedicated training department, the healthcare technology company needed a full-featured and customizable LMS to:
- Automate compliance training
- Speed up new employee onboarding
- Build a strong company culture of learning
Burn Tan-Hoyumpa, Director of Learning and Development, Convey Health Solutions, said,
“The people at TOPYX are fantastic! They are very responsive, and you have some very high-level leaders looking at some really minor tickets. At one point we were struggling with implementing a fix to a bug, and the CEO jumped to help; I was floored by the attention! Sometimes it’s like pulling teeth to get help with other vendors, but with TOPYX it’s never been a problem.”
TOPYX LMS enabled Convey Health Solutions to automate compliance training and speed up onboarding during the COVID-19 pandemic. Download the free Convey Health Solutions Case Study to learn about how the company used TOPYX learning management system to:
- Increase employee engagement and create a culture around learning
- Automate compliance training and streamline new employee onboarding
- Scale learning programs to support over 2,000 employees
Get the success story to discover how TOPYX can increase learner engagement, streamline training, and help you grow your healthcare organization.
TOPYX LMS Provides Healthcare Training Software That Works for Your Organization
TOPYX LMS is ideal for healthcare organizations looking to optimize patient care and train staff while ensuring all regulatory compliance needs are met. TOPYX makes it possible for employers to provide accessible HIPAA training for employees.
Healthcare organizations are relying more than ever on technology to stay compliant with regulations and provide the best patient care possible. A learning management system can provide HIPAA-compliant patient data for staff, train and upskill employees on standards of care, and launch and disseminate new guidelines and policies quickly.
TOPYX LMS is simple to implement and deploy to unlimited users. With TOPYX, healthcare organizations can educate as many staff, partners, and patients as they need to. TOPYX has a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 11 guidelines. Also, TOPYX clients who use Epic EMR training content can be supported in their TOPYX LMS sites.
TOPYX ensures the best online healthcare training with LMS features like mobile learning, LMS reports, and certifications. The LMS’s collaborative learning features also foster effective healthcare training. Chris Hutchinson, contributor to Claned,3 wrote,
“...for fields such as science and medicine, development of any kind emerges out of the shared community of knowledge that professionals in these fields possess. Moreover, it emerges out of their ability to effectively access and contribute to it…’delivering safe and high-quality services to patients’ depends on not only acquiring but also ‘the sharing of these various types of knowledge’ among medical professionals.”
Knowledge sharing greatly enhances the training experience for healthcare professionals. TOPYX LMS offers features like real-time chat, community forums, and webinar technology to help healthcare professionals connect and share information as they learn. This adds to everyone’s ongoing learning journey and ensures each user gets the most from TOPYX LMS. The learning platform can also deliver a great ROI for clients.
The right way to deploy online healthcare training is by using a full-featured healthcare LMS like TOPYX. Get a free LMS demo of TOPYX to learn more.
1) IntellectAbility. https://replacingrisk.com/benefits-of-elearning-for-healthcare-professionals/.
2) Pixentia Blog. https://blog.pixentia.com/can-mobile-learning-deliver-effective-healthcare-training.
3) Claned. https://claned.com/how-collaboration-makes-online-medical-training-incredibly-effective/.